Still goes into limp mode, even after changing throttle body twice, as well as the battery.

Lorisinnevada
10

Asked by Lorisinnevada Jan 22, 2014 at 03:35 PM about the 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring

Goes into limp mode - lightning bolt and ESP lights flash. Codes keep saying throttle body, but we have changed that tWiCe, along with the battery and ERG valve. Interestingly, when I check my fuel mileage it goes from the normal range and then jumps to 80+ MPG. Not sure if its related. Does this indicate a PCM problem?

100,025

If the lights are still flashing you have a code/codes stored.. Did you get the codes scanned by an OBDii scanner? What is the 4 digit code you are getting?

Lorisinnevada
10

Oh gosh - I didn't write any codes down, but each time the Chrysler dealership would tell me throttle body. Thats why we kept changing that part. Iv'e had it flashed and upgraded as well, and then was told the voltage was low in the battery so we put a new one in. It seems to be less of a problem when its warm...I'm ready to 'accidentally' roll it off a cliff ;)

tuff4x4
9,795

It also has to be relearned with a scan tool at the dealer.That is why it keeps going into limp mode. It has to be programmed to the car.

Lorisinnevada
10

.... it had been relearned as well... Keep the suggestions coming - I appreciate you guys!

tuff4x4
9,795

Call the dealer and ask for the codes. They will have a record of them. List them for us. We need them.

Lorisinnevada
10

None of the dealers wrote the codes down. One of then did note the stereo Best Buy installed was pulling on the battery - not sure is that's important. Would a full diagnostic tell me the problem? I can't seem to get anyone to do that - they read the codes and send me on my way.

tuff4x4
9,795

Yes have that done and then post the codes here and what they found.

Lorisinnevada
10

Ok - I have another appointment for the diagnostic on Monday - will get back to you after then. Thank you!

tuff4x4
9,795

let us know

Lorisinnevada
10

I will - thanks again for your willingness to help :)

tuff4x4
9,795

OK. I have read up on this a little. Remove your ECM - Clean the connectors - reconnect to ECM - use 2 long wire/zip ties and run each one across the center of each connector down around the computer and pull tight. Reinstall the ECM and tighten bolts very tight. See if it fixes it.

Lorisinnevada
10

The active codes were U0187 & P 2101 The stored codes were : B1A25 B1A35 P1684 P2110 P0884 C121C B10AC B1601 B1604

Lorisinnevada
10

BTW tuff4x4 - they refused to try your suggestion :/

tuff4x4
9,795

P2101 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Motor Circ Range/Perf C121C TORQUE REQUEST SIGNAL DENIED U0187 Lost Comm with Digital Disc Player/Changer Mod A P0884 TCM Power Input Signal Interm P1684 Battery Disconnected in the last 50 Starts P2110 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Forced Limited RPM B1A25 - invalid key BA135 BAD KEY OR WCM/SKREEM Module

tuff4x4
9,795

From what it looks like you need to have 2new keys programmed and see if this fixes it.

Lorisinnevada
10

Interesting. This is the first time a key issue has come up.

tuff4x4
9,795

That is the BA125 and BA135 codes. If this doesn't take care of it I would have the ECM replaced. This could be expensive but from all these codes first it is saying replace keys and next ECM. This is the engine computer which controls all electrical components to the engine. I have read up on the P2101 and there have been many throttle actuators replaced with no change.

Lorisinnevada
10

Good info tuff4x4! You've been more helpful than the last 5 visits to Chrysler. The dealership here opened a Customer Care account with Chrysler - after I asked for the # to corporate! Just got the car back... will see how it goes. This time they relearned the throttle body since we changed the battery.

Lorisinnevada
10

Well, just as I suspected, the car is still up to it's usual thing. I'm in contact with Chrysler hoping to get it on a trailer and taken to another dealership 240 miles away. It's the only option, since the mechanics here know nothing, and aren't willing to listen to suggestions. So frustrating!

tuff4x4
9,795

I agree. I would insist on them making 2 new keys and programming them.

tuff4x4
9,795

The next thing would be an ECM.

Lorisinnevada
10

Update: Got Chrysler tech involved - after two weeks and a long list of a process of eliminations, they put in a new PCM, which seems to have done the trick. But now my new battery is dead,(they discharged it) and the climate control blasts air before the engine is warmed up. *palm to forehead *

clamas0213
15

I had a cracked factory spark plug when this happened to me

gsxsimon
0

Had the same problem after reading all post I found a vacuum leak in the back of my intek fixed leak and have not had that problem it's been 3 months know.dealer wanted to replace throttle body and pcm.

Jessica Hull-Johnson
0

I'm having this problem now & it's been the worst nightmare!! I've changed the throttle body & transmission. I've been trying to avoid the dealer cause I've already dumped so much money into it & nothing is working. It runs good when it's cold but once it warms up it starts limp mode!! Do I need the dealer to reset anything after the tranny was put in? The tranny guy swore that was my problem but it's still doing it. I'm scared to take it anywhere now cause it's been 5 places already & left many people stumped! It's a little relieving to see I'm not the only one, however it seems it could be so many things. I wish it was paid off & I could just get rid of it at this point!!

Lorisinnevada
10

Jessica - if you haven't read through this thread, do that first. You might find something that helps you. It seems to be a problem with this car. .. I eventually had the PCM changed. It could have been a vacuum leak or some other minor issue - I'll never know lol At any rate, it did resolve the issue. I wish you success!

MrFixit23
10

Hi Jessica thanks for the feedback, I did not get the problem fixed yet but my car is currently at the dealer. They are trying to solve the problem as we speak. I just picked a PCM from ebay. There's a company that remanufactures them and offers a lifetime warranty. Hopefully this will fix my issue, so one I get that installed I'll let you what happens. Hopefully my solution will shed light on your situation. I'll keep you posted as this thing unfolds.

Jessica Hull-Johnson
0

Thanks for your feedback MrFixit23!! Can you tell me what the company name is? I finally dropped it off at the dealer & they said it's the PCM, they quoted me $500 & said they don't recommend a used one cause my mileage is so high but they aren't paying the $500 for me so I'm really interested in knowing who your using. Thanks for any info you can give me!!

MrFixit23
10

Yes Jessica the company is called All Computer Resources here's a link for a 2005 Chrysler 300 PCM, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-INTREPID-Chrysler-CONCORDE-LHS- Engine-Computer-PCM-ECU-ECM-Plug-Play-/120911385593? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005%7CMake %3AChrysler%7CModel%3A300&hash=item1c26e153f9&vxp=mtr Good luck hope it works out for you.

MrFixit23
10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-INTREPID-Chrysler-CONCORDE-LHS- Engine-Computer-PCM-ECU-ECM-Plug-Play-/120911385593? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005%7CMake %3AChrysler%7CModel%3A300&hash=item1c26e153f9&vxp=mtr

Lorisinnevada
10

$500 sounds like a steal - mine was twice that much! :(

Jessica Hull-Johnson
0

Thank you so much!! You have saved me so much money! Hopefully this does the trick!

MrFixit23
10

My Pleasure, please share your outcome with the group that way it may help others in the future. Best of luck Jessica!

Jessica Hull-Johnson
0

Absolutely & I'm anxious to hear how you make out! I'm so glad I came across this site. I've learned a lot & saved A WHOLE LOT more!!