is there a botton inside the trunk to open the trunk?

fann55
0

Asked by fann55 Feb 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM about the 2006 Chrysler 300 C

Ilregal

Well without going to a lot of work to know for sure about you specific vehicle, I believe that there was some sort of vehicle safety requirement mandated by the NHSTS, National Hwy. Saftey Transportation Admin. that all vehicles with a trunk have some mechanism to allow someone to be able to get out of the trunk if locked in. Regarding a button being that means to get out, well that is probably not likely because a button would be to easy for something in your trunk to shift around and accidentally hit that button and open it while your driving. The ones I have seen are a lever. The reason this was done on the newer vehicles was due to children being locked in the trunk and after taking there parents keys out of the ignition and goofing around. So, by putting this lever, a person is able to tell the child what to do to get out. My Regal and many other vehicles have a way to get into the truck through the back seat. I hope this helps you with your answer.

Ilregal

Your not stuck in a trunk are you?