how does a listed car start out in one part of the country at a great price and suddenly end up in another part of the country overpriced?? I still have the original listing except now its somewhere e

autojack7
0

Asked by autojack7 Dec 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM about the 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SE AWD

68,395

Sounds like it's being used as a scam.

badly96
35

It's far from a scam, different vehicles are worth different amounts from one part of the country to the next. For example, I live in Central Texas, truck capital of the nation. I go to trade my truck in on a different vehicle and I'm told that my 2 year old Ford F150 4x4 is worth $15000. If I look around at the different dealerships I will see similar trucks for similar prices. The market is "saturated" with trucks here in Texas. Now if I take that same truck to New York to trade in, I'm likely to get a little bit more for it because of the lack of 2 year old F150 4x4's in the area. Before anyone bashes me, I'm just using this as an example, I know there are TONS more factors, I'm just trying to put it in "layman's" terms. To sum it up, the market in any particular area determines pricing of vehicles, dealerships don't just pull numbers out of thin air to rip people off.