Help with my cadillac allante

Mauricio Castro
0

Asked by Mauricio Apr 27, 2014 at 12:02 AM about the 1990 Cadillac Allante Base Convertible

My 1990 allante has the check engine light
on and when I accelerate it starts of very
slow and you could hear a tapping noise in
the motor

Mauricio Castro
0

enything could help

bobkat
2,985

This is not related to the tapping noise - but, have you ever replaced the injectors on this car. The original Rochester Injectors WILL fail. Replace with a Bosch model. Easy repair. As for the tapping - check with John at itsonlyluv@comcast.net He has an Allante specific repair shop. in New Jersey. Talk with him and he will better identify the problem.

chassy
10,375

tapping? like piston knock or tick-tick-tick THE BETTER you describe stuff the easier it is for a reader to help, after all the best diagnostic tools are sound and feel of how the car is running. I also think you are talking about more than one thing happening - like bobkat you may also have a fuel problem but you might try a good brand injector cleaner first , maybe plugs,air filter - these things affect acceleration ( but won't fix the ping/knock/tap/tick - which ever of these that it sounds like)