I'm buying a used cooper base 2011 for 16000 and mileage of 49000. But I ll be using the car only for 11months. So should I go for new warranty or not.

Sriram227
0

Asked by Sriram227 Jan 19, 2013 at 02:48 AM about the 2011 MINI Cooper Base

DavidH25

If you mean an aftermarket "service agreement" bought from some outfit other than the manufacturer, that costs about $2500,I would say no. but the drive train warranty should still be in force and transferable to you.

Michael Branan
1,595

The base Cooper models are very solid and predictable. You should not need anything but an oil change and routine maintenance. Hopefully it is a manual. Happy motoring.

Kevin McLeaster
65

I would not waste the $. If you are only going to have the car for a year you would have to be exceptionally unlucky to have issues with this car and that few of miles.

Robert Charlson
2,195

The vehicle is all most of out warranty and has no maintenance warranty left. The only extended warranty from MINI is a maintenance one that covers brakes, oil, brake fluid, microfilters, belts. If the coopers is an S model I would buy an extended warranty because of all the issues they are having. If it's not an S do have it inspected for any oil sludge and leaks of any kind before purchase.