is this a reliable car

debsala
0

Asked by debsala Mar 12, 2011 at 10:43 PM about the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen SE

mkstn
125

Diesel engines are very reliable. Add to that the reputation of VW and you have a great match!

Jeff Leeper

The volkswagen Jetta is the least reliable car ever built. Look it up.

Len Langelaan
175

Look it up where? The only thing that a Jetta has agaist it is it is built in Mexico. Engineering is top notch, and the diesel is bulletproof.

mkstn
125

Yah... when I start my Jetta it says press 2 for Spanish....

mkstn
125

From what I found the Jetta had a rating of 80.4% with the highest rated car only at 85.3%. May be you just got a bad one. It happens.

Jeff Leeper

consumer reports has scored the volkswagen Jetta at the bottom of its reliability surveys for the past 12 years. In 2009 Car and Driver awarded it the title of worst car ever made.

mkstn
125

I can not speak about older past Jetta models but CU rated the 2011 Jetta and Jetta Sports Wagon as Recommended VG 81 points out of 88. The 2009 and 2010 Jetta both gas and TDI received VG. Older then 2006 had some issues. This is the first VW I have owned since my 1965 Beetle. JD Powers also gave the 2009-2011 Jetta high marks as well. Most manufactures do go through periods where there product does not meet the standards they desire. So far I am pretty happy with it. There are some things I would change or add to the form and function.