Why do I hear the windows move when I lock or unlock the door?

clopresti79
0

Asked by clopresti79 Dec 04, 2010 at 09:33 AM about the 2011 Volkswagen CC Sport

I just bought a 2011 VW CC Sport.  I know the dealer explained this to me, but I forgot.  I'm assuming this is some type of safety feature?  Why do the windows move when I lock or unlock the door to the car?  It sounds like the windows are shifting up or down slightly.  I cant tell.

Derek Searles
115

Do you actually see the windows move or just hear it? Sometimes the door locks themselves can make a sound very similar to windows and that may be what youre hearing.

Yatin Parasher
35

i have a cc aswell and the windows just do that to seal tighter when you shut the doors, since the car has frameless windows, the noise from the outside would be significantly louder if the windows didnt go up the way they do

rgmaxima
0

they move up and down (down when you open the door) to make door lighter and easier to open. they go up again once door is closed. normal operation.