mkz left drift

jerseykz
0

Asked by jerseykz Mar 29, 2011 at 07:41 PM about the 2011 Lincoln MKZ AWD

Just purchased 2011 mkz awd. After few days noticed distinct left drift/pull. Dealer indicated no problem with alignment and referenced letter from Ford indicating "some" Mkz and Fusions drift left. Not a problem, they say, just a "carechteristic" of the car. Funny they don't put that in the ads or sales info. Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions?

jdavidson015
535

mine pulls right and i had the allignment redone 3 times at different places nd they all said it was fine. sorry but no solution, wish i had one as it annoys the hell out of me

JD GreenBay
0

Wow... in got my MKZ last year. I also experienced a slight pull to the left. I had the tires rotated & alignment done. It seemed to help, at least livable. After a few months, it seemed worst. Back to the dealer. Rechecked alignment..... everything is in specs, but they did notice a dent on the inside of the rim LF, that could be the problem. $1,000 for new rim. Ugh.... after a few days of driving, still bugged me. Back to the dealer. Suggested move LF to RF .... okay did that. No change. After a a couple of weeks, I was near a different Lincoln dealer.... I had to know, so paid $30 to check alignment. You know it..., it was in specs, but my RF tire was mounted inside out. After a week I gave in. Went to FordParts.com and ordered a new rim, my Christmas gift to me. Brandt, my service rep has been awesome and as frustrated as me. They kept the car most the day. Didn't put new rim in. Had two of their hest alignment techs check everything out. Looks like its some kind of cam issue. Big $$$ to fix. Brandt would like to swap out all four tires to see if problem still exists. Sigh.... I'm hoping to have this done soon, wtg for a ueed car with same tires & rims. Stand by for page two.....