looked at 96 sls.good shape.95k miles.car sometimes stalls at stopsigns.what would cause this???

Dave Violet
0

Asked by Dave Oct 19, 2013 at 09:55 PM about the 1996 Cadillac Seville SLS

car sometimes stalls at stopsigns.why???

68,205

Idle air control valve either dirty or faulty. Clean or replace IACV and also clean the throttle body.

68,205

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1027819,parttype,6072 --- IACV for your model is not that expensive and fairly easy to replace.

2CATS2CARS
120

Could be the Traction Control. This thing is a nightmare. I had the switch on mine disconnected because it would come on if I hit a bump or idled at a stop too long. I didn't have the thing completely disconnected just the switch. My '99 is in the shop getting the engine replaced at 158855 miles. These cars are expensive to repair and if you buy one from someone that hasn't taken care of it you probably won't be real happy with it. The SLS (not the STS) is the model that has been copied by several car manufacturers. I have put close to 11 grand in mine. I love this car and for the money I've spent I know I couldn't come close to replacing it. Good luck to you.