PERIMETER LIGHTING -- HOW DO I DISENGAGE?

julierohr
10

Asked by julierohr Apr 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM about the 2011 Ford E-Series Passenger E-150 XLT

Everytime I open the van door, the outside parking lights turn on and stay lit for approx. 20 seconds.  As I camp frequently with this vehicle, and open and close the doors repeatedly, I want to avoid a dead battery.  Is there a way to disengage these lights without disconnecting battery terminal??

papa

it is a factory set up,their may be a fuse for them,I would not worrie about killing the battery,they not pulling that much power.

julierohr
10

Thanks for your reply. I'm taking the van back to the dealer to see if they have any input. I can verify that I've had a dead battery three times already while camping with repeatedly opening the van doors so it's something that I'd like to see if a fix can be found. I read in another forum for F-150's that there is a procedure to disengage perimeter lighting. Thinging it may work also son E-150's, I tried it but it doesn't work on E-150's.

oldfartfrank
0

check for an auto light control on the dash, usually on the left of the steering column. It is an auto delay for your lights. turn it off & the lights should go out when you close the door.