2011 accent; check engine light on stays "on", autozone scanner says "misfire #2 cylinder"; car seems to run ok; should I drive it to the dealer or have it towed?

LDO_05
0

Asked by LDO_05 Nov 04, 2012 at 05:50 AM about the 2011 Hyundai Accent GL Hatchback

check engline light stay"on"; no rough idle or sputtering; Autozone scanner states "misfire #2 cylinder"; should I drive it to the dealer or have it towed?

DavidH25

Depends on how far the dealer is. And if you have towing with either your insurance or warranty. If you have towing, take advantage of it, but I see no harm in driving it, none. Disclaimer: my opinion only, that's what I would do, drive it, but ask your dealer first I don't want to have you screw it up worse on my amateur advice.

John Leone
3,845

if it is not currently flashing, then it is fine to drive, misfires can happen for many reasons, coils go bad, things are wet, had a low fuel, the light is currently on (assuming they did not clear it, by law they can not), only because the code is stored in the computer data base, reminding you "hey i wasn't fixed, i had a problem" so to speak. so take precaution, drive careful, and let us know what they diagnose it as...