1998 cadillac deville air ride suspension problems...

kyridgerunner
0

Asked by kyridgerunner Sep 30, 2010 at 03:18 PM about the 1998 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance Sedan

98 cadillac deville, 4.6 110.000-miles great car, runs and drives awesome... but does not ride worth a crap... its riding way to low and i was told it was the air ride suspension... but i cant hear the pump running...and there isn't any lights on the dash that are on... anybody have any idea's.???

BrianLong1212
100

I actually have a Cadillac Deville myself and it was doing the same thing. I didn't have any lights on the dash and i felt like it was too low to the ground. I went into my dealership and they actually told me it was my air suspension, and i would need to replace it. It was going to cost me around 5 grand with the labor. That was way too much money for me to spend on my car that i didn't have. I began to look up some websites. I came across one that was Strutmasters.com and i found a conversion kit that eliminates the air and puts my car back up the way it suppose to be for under a grand. Not only did it fix my car but it came with a lifetime warranty and now i don't have to worry about the problem ever again.

Bergy
220

brian's answer, I think is the best way to take care of the problem. I've done that on Lincoln Town cars. I've got a strut-masters catalog, but don't remember the price. Otherwise, It's usually very expensive to fix the problem with original equipment. It could be a bad compressor, leaking shocks, or a bad level sensor, which is located on the rear lower control arms. You should check all of the fuses, there may be 3 or 4 fuse boxes, check your manual. But make sure all of your connections at the compressor, and the level sensors are hooked up, and ok.

usabio
60

i have a 1999 cadillac deville since i had it the suspension never worked right i tried everything . then i went to the junk yard took the air compressor off a 2005 cadillac deville changed some brackets and the conector and with the new air shocks from arnott susp. it has improved to the point where i can load up the whole familly and go to the beach and it still wont bottom out i was very releived i spent 25$ on the air compessor and 350$ on the air struts from oreilly auto parts with lifetime waranty and best thing is i didnt even have to align it so the dealer wanted 5500$ to replace the suspension and i spent less than 400$ so my point is the air compressors get old and coroded and crap out eventaully leaking out air even though they might turn on they might not be pumping air in the right places so watch for that because its hard to tell unless your under the car checking the air pump .disconect the air lines where they connect to the pump to see if you have air flow coming out of the main port if not the pump is bad change it be sure if you get one from the junk yard get it out of the newer models of cadillac 2004 or newer .so at least the chances of finding a good one are far better only a few modifications are needed ..oh by the way i changed the air stuts first and got no results when i changed the air pump everything started working right and i got an udjustable arm on the level sensor so i can get the suspension a little higher in the back also a reason it dosent bottom out any more been working good for three months now hope this info helps somone.....

JEC35SWAINSBORO
0

I HAVE A 1998 LASALLE SEDAN BY E&G JUST BOUT CAR GOT A GOOD DEAL ON CAR HAS BEEN SETTING UP FOR A YEAR OR SO JUST HAD TO REPLACE AC BUT IT SEEMS CAR IS LOW THE GUY THAT WORKED ON IT SAID IT ALL LOOKED FINE CANT FIND MUCH INFORMATION ON LASALLE ANY HELP FROM YALL WOULD BE FINE WHERE IS THE AIR COMPESSOR LOCATED AT ON THE CAR PLEASE TEX ME 478-494-3734 NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET IT CAN COST A LOT.

usabio
60

I would most likely be under the hood if it is air ride equipted if not then change the rear shocks or struts..