HOW DO I OPEN THE TRUNK OF MY '98 CATERA WHEN THE BUTTON ON THE DASH DOESN'T WORK?

LOUISETEBO
0

Asked by LOUISETEBO Oct 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM about the 1998 Cadillac Catera 4 Dr STD Sedan

THE BATTERY IS DEAD ... IS THERE A LATCH SOMEWHERE ON THE OUTSIDE?

DavidH25

http://www.manualowl.com/am/Cadillac/1998-Catera/Manual/193..........paste that in, you will have to download it but it's all there

16,185

By any chance do the rear seats fold from a latch on the inside? Climb in and pull the lever.

vangievan
10

I NEED TO VENT.. I have a 2001 Catera.. LAST YEAR 2012 I needed to get a WHEEL CHAIR out of the TRUNK...I COULD NOT OPEN the DAMN thing. I looked it up and I KNOW ABOUT the WEIRD GAS DOOR ,RADIO and TRUNK NOT working. It's an INTERMITTENT PROBLEM and I know it will probably COST $1000.00 to FIX..BUT WHAT PISSES me off is that there is NO KEY TRUNK ENTRY. WTF????.. What CAR out there does not have a KEY HOLE for you to OPEN up a TRUNK MANUALLY??? The CAR DOES had Ket ENTRY just in CASE you can not REMOTE open up the DOOR. That MAKEs. NO SENSE. Damn I wish I HAD money so I COULD GET RID of that CAR. Its my moms car but she does not drive anymore.