what and how much coolant do I use

Carla Smith
0

Asked by Carla Feb 21, 2013 at 02:00 PM about the 1999 Cadillac Seville STS

AutoAppraiser
25

If you brought Pre-Mixed Coolant fill up till your over flow container until it is on the max line. If you have just Coolant normally the mix is 50/50. Half water, Half Coolent...that mix is good for -30 degrees Cecilius.

judge_roy

there is a matter of 'belching' the heat exchanger which may have up to a gallon of air if it's been recently replaced or flushed- you can disconnect the output side until coolant shows then quickly put it back, the engine must be at operating temperature with the t-stat open for coolant to want to flow throught the heat excanger in the first place, what? AutoAppraiser you never did appraise for us the amount of the green stuff. Nears I can tell, One diluted gallon (and you probably should use distilled water or two gallons pre-mix 'cause around Clearlake, you can cut the water with a knife, here have some chalk for your cooling system...no!) should do it. the HE takes what a liter/quart? you should know this AA-

judge_roy

...like, for bein' an appraiser dude...never did answer the guy's question??!! add attention desefit designs?

judge_roy

Still like to know myself. as you know we all endure -30 degrees---more dilute for warmer climates? no?====so like a gallon mr. AutoAppraiser? sheesh, it's tough to get a straight answer out here anymore~