rear shocks

TNCountry
0

Asked by TNCountry Feb 14, 2013 at 05:35 PM about the 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC Coupe

can regular shocks be used instead of factory air shocks?

judge_roy

If this is a 'controlled ride' suspension, then NO, but if you're like 'ditch it' just want straight up hardcore go right ahead, no one here will try to stop you. The question of whether or not they will fit as the air ones are larger in diameter.

cadrolls
25

You will have to get a replacement suspension to change the type of shocks. It will run about $400.00 for the rear and about the same for the front WITHOUT installation charges. In total, to do both front and rear, you are talking around $1,600.00 dollars.

agirlatthat
0

yall must work for Cadillac! hehee you can use regular Monroe air shocks and disable the automatic ride sensing height sensing crap. remove the fuse, or tie wrap the control arm in the up position etc..... easy fit no kit about 80 bucks for a diy'er for both the rear sides!! hey no mechanic and Im female but I did it!!! and car drives fine!!

Cadillac_Jim119
10

I have a 2000 ETC and just unplugged the air line at the shock and replaced the air line with a kit from Advance Auto for $13.49. Was easy to install. I am on this site to find out how much air is required for original shock system.