Why does my car smell like something is burning after its for along time

Dakota Skaggs
0

Asked by Dakota Jan 21, 2013 at 01:39 PM about the 2000 Cadillac Catera 4 Dr Sport Sedan

Dakota Skaggs
0

After its ran for a long time

topgun2
50

does it smell like curry and windows mist up ciuld be heater matrix

Dakota Skaggs
0

It smells like Burt oil

Dakota Skaggs
0

It smells like burnt oil

topgun2
50

have you had a look under the hood for oil leak could be rocker cover gasket weeping on to exhaust

alecmendenhall
35

it may be using oil

55,065

I might the catalytic converter if it's running rich.

Suzi Catalano
80

It could be is your leveling light blinking? Could be your shocks. If you have passengers or heck a semi heavy suitcase, with the leveling light on the motor that runs the air shocks. Kinda smells like clutch. If you smell something in your car, smells kinda sweet, heater core.