Are there any sidesteps or running boards for the 2011 Subaru Outback?

DriverforFolks
15

Asked by DriverforFolks Apr 26, 2012 at 12:23 AM about the 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium

I need a side step or running board to get an older parent into the back seat of my Outback. When ever they travel with me getting in and out is a problem (bad hips). A step would help.

24bics
265

Before owning our 2012 Outback, we drove a '99 GMC Yukon denali that came with factory installed running boards. Unfortunately, these were too high a step for my 100 year old (really) grandmother and my partially disabled mother in law. We took to carrying a step stool made for children that was low, wide and had a rubber top for slip resistance. It easily held mom's 300+ lbs and was a huge relief for both ladies to not have to "climb" in. LITTLE TIKES Step Stool made by RUBBERMAID. Not a permanant solution, but less costly and more attractive than boards on your good looking wagon. Hope this helps.

DriverforFolks
15

Step stool not the answer I was hoping for. May work as a temporary fix. But I would prefer a step or even a power step for my Subaru.

24bics
265

The aftermarket is brimming with tons of products that seem to fill even the most curious niche. A GOOGLE search shows several sites that may cater to your needs. www.auto-bodyparts.net has what they refer to as "OEM" style running boards. jcwhitney.com(1- 866 -529 -5530) shows nerfbars, running boards & side steps. The company has been around for years and lives up to their "Everything Automotive" claim. runningboardwarehouse.com also has listing but no photos. Hope this helps. Good Luck & GOD Bless

Josh Crochet
225

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Products/JEGS-Black- Powder-Coated-Nerf-Bars/1432996/10002/-1

DriverforFolks
15

Thank you to both 24bics and Josh. Auto-bodyparts.net, runningboardwarehouse.com and Jegs Performance Parts list no running boards, nerf bars or side steps for the Subau Outback. Jcwhitney.com lists nerf bar mounted Warrior Product universal Side Steps, but does not list any nerf bars (for the Outback) to mount the side steps to.

Nick Eidemiller
2,355

it's because they are not made for any subaru vehicle, subarus sit low enough that those companies do not feel they warrant them, crossovers and sedans that they are based off of are not SUV's to them. you'd have to have them custom made also there is no good place to mount them that will support weight.

DriverforFolks
15

Thank you Nick. Many nerf bars or running boards are made for the Subaru Forester. The Forester and Outback have 8 inches of ground clearance. I do not know about mounting positions on the Outback, so I hope that would be covered by any nerf bar, running board or side step kit I could find for the Subaru Outback.