Problem with SYNC and iPod

Feisty49
0

Asked by Feisty49 Apr 17, 2011 at 08:18 PM about the 2011 Ford Escape XLT 4WD

Anyone having issues with SYNC no longer communicating with an iPod?   My iPod worked great from day one in February of this year.  Last week I told SYNC to play a certain play list and the “nice lady” said, “Speech control not available with this device.”  She gave me the same message with every command except pause. Speech commands worked at 7:30 that morning but not at 4 PM that afternoon.  Nothing had changed. I hadn’t disconnected the iPod.  And interestingly, on Friday, three days later, it started to work again.  Now each time I try it, I wonder if it will work.

Feisty49
0

I *think* what I was doing was asking to have the iPod accessed without first identifying that I wanted SYNC to access the USB. This issue hadn't happened in months until a couple of weeks ago, which is when I realized I wasn't saying USB first. I know that isn't necessary every time, but somewhere along the way, my Escape lost the USB connection so I had to tell it to reconnect.