Battery life half of stated on asus eeepc?

caccu
0

Asked by caccu Oct 12, 2013 at 05:08 AM about the 2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li

hey I have an Asus A7C netbook, http://www.caccu.nl/asus-a7c-batterij.html , which
came with windows 7 and I found it too slow for my needs, so I put windows xp on it,
however asus states that it's 6-cell battery gets 10 hours on a full charge, which it did
used to. I haven't looked at the battery meter in awhile, but I just pulled it off the
charger at 100% and it says I have 4:56 hours at a 90% charge.
Would there be some reason that putting by xp on it, it would no longer be able to
address it full battery capacity? I am confused about this.

68,365

Not sure why all of a sudden you have a charging issue. Batteries start losing their storage capability and you get less charge/ run time. Even though it said 4:56hrs at 90%, try running it for that long and see if you get closer to 10hrs. XP might not have the same battery monitoring software? Win 7's is actually faster on my PC's vs XP, I'd upgrade back.

14,205

What this has to do with automobiles I don't know but as Tom answered to it I'll put in my 2 cents worth. I have a Asus laptop that I already had to replace the battery pack at 5 months, the battery plus guy said it was a poor design so they don't last much beyond the 90 day warranty, bought their battery replacement pack and it's been running trouble free for just under a year now. But Tom is right I'd go back to windows 7, XP is not long for this world soon, so it will be open to hackers.

wlogan
870

the battery in my acer aspire is 5 years old and works great. die hard is a good battery.