Hi , I have a 2004 750i BMW 7series, would the drive control module from a 745i from the same yr work ?

Kesmoses
0

Asked by Kesmoses Jun 09, 2014 at 08:49 AM about the 2004 BMW 7 Series 750i

The car isn't starting and the dealer said that it's the drive control module that's gone so
I'm wondering if the 745i module would work in the 750i , both are 2004 models

JJHXK8
90

I assume so ...they have the same engine & transmission. Did you check the internet?

Kesmoses
0

Hey thanks and yeah I have been looking on the internet but I'm finding a lot of 745i not the 750i . If someone can help me locate the part "drive control module" all I'll need is the IP address link

JJHXK8
90

It is the same engine & tranny Kes. I've owned a couple 7's & still have a 745i. The 760 is the 12 cylinder. Incidentally ...that v8 is one of the best ever made ...it is in todays Rolls Royce & was used in the McLaren F1. BMW will keep that mill around. Unfortunately my friend ...I know nothing of the drive control unit ...but I see no reason for it to be different. Change cost money

JJHXK8
90

It is the same engine & tranny Kes. I've owned a couple 7's & still have a 745i. The 760 is the 12 cylinder. Incidentally ...that v8 is one of the best ever made ...it is in todays Rolls Royce & was used in the McLaren F1. BMW will keep that mill around. Unfortunately my friend ...I know nothing of the drive control unit ...but I see no reason for it to be different. Change cost money. I'll check around. While your checking around ...ask your BMW contacts to help me get info on my old 740i Hamann??? I just want to know more about it. I was under the impression BMW only patronized one out side tuner company ...that being Alpina. This car DID come from Germany...I bought it in Florida & shipped to Canada. It is in storage for now. See photo