my battery went dead i charged it now my idrive wont work

davidtred
0

Asked by davidtred Feb 21, 2013 at 09:27 AM about the 2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li

68,435

Try disconnecting the ground/negative cable off the battery for 30mins and reattach and see if you can get it work.

judge_roy

your cables are filthy with corrosion. need to be sparkly fresh if all those amperes can make it safely to your starter motor. Borrow a load tester and see if this battery isn't too far gone (after fully charging it for twelve hours). Why the hell did it die, in the first place? left your lights on? 2003-2013 sounds like a nice productive life, perhaps it's time to retire this old battery. like I say full charge then load test...and you'll know to buy a new battery or make do with what you've got.

7jimmy7
9,395

vot? you don luff the i dlive? big mistake on beemer.if you want the 70k dollar car,expect a 70k type repair bill,their complex and beyond us shadetree ,crecent wrench dudes,but take heart it may come out the coma with some wire sparking,good luck and watch the road not the dash controls