I used your website to find a dealer and put a down payment on a car.....is there any way to get a free carfax on the car before I take over the car for good ?....is a car check the same as a car fax I read the differences but it really doesn't say.....is it the same.....bottom line I do not want this dealer to know I am checking the carfax so is there any way to do it without them knowing for free ?

mappollo
0

Asked by mappollo Mar 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM about the 2008 BMW 5 Series 535i

see question

82,695

Ask the dealer for a copy of the carfax, if they can't, you can go to www.carfax.com but you will have to pay for it. The carfax isn't a catch all, and not all maintenance goes onto it. Your best bet is to have a local mechaninc look it over first before you make the final payment. A small amount of money to spend over the long term and piece of mind. The dealer should let you do this, if they don't ask for your money back and walk.

7jimmy7
10,625

you sent a down payment? watch it .make sure your dealing with a real outfit,lotta scammers taking billions out of this country ,the better the deal the better the chance,,to donate ,I got several scams attempted ,