what could be the possible cause of my 2004 bmw545 loosing power after a few days of sitting, I have replaced battery less than 2 months ago and still have the same problem.

laxley
210

Asked by laxley Mar 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM about the 2004 BMW 5 Series 545i

45,635

How to check your car for Parasitic power drain - Eric the car guy --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1gijj03_0

Best Answer
laxley
210

I would like to thank Erick the car guy for the link to the youtube, with all the information i received from that site, now that I am armed with all these information, it should be a breeze locateing a fixing the problem. thank you a million.

45,635

Thank you for the "Best answer" click. Some cars have maxi fuses in the engine bay fuse box. Those fuses sometimes feed several smaller circuits in the interior fuse boxes.

laxley
210

I checked all the fuses, in the trunk with a amp meter over the negative terminal like the video suggest, fuse #89 located in the trunk a 10 amp fuse, after removing fuse amp reading went from 0.29 to 0.19 amps. Fuse powers (1) sequential manual gear box. (2) telephone. (3) luggage compartment fan. I observe that the gear shift indicater light stays on, and that is what's causing the battery drain. could you find out if that light is to stay on even when the car is sleeping.also what is 0.19amps equals to in milli volts, is it under 50milli volts.

laxley
210

Answer to my question. 0.29 amps. =290 millivolts.