Hi , I have just bought a 2002 BMW 530i sedan it has 89,000 miles on it. Should I go for a inspection II now ? As I am not sure abt the condition of the parts.

Mrajara
0

Asked by Mrajara Mar 30, 2014 at 09:49 PM about the 2002 BMW 5 Series 530i

It has been well maintained with regular oil and filter change. Alternator and battery has
been changed at 50,000k Miles.Rear brake pads and rotors replaced,Front brake pads
and rotors replaced at 58k .Drive belt(s) and Thermostat replaced at 68k.

BoholMark
2,885

Sure why not? What's the down side if you do?

Best Answer
7jimmy7
10,585

if it isn't broke don't fix it

Mrajara
0

Ok . Thought if its not required now I can do it after 3000 miles , I guess the inspection gonna cost me around $700 .. so wanted to know if its really required.

BoholMark
2,885

I think after 3000 miles you will know if the BMW is a safe and reliable car. Hold off on that$700.00 inspection. I think its a bit high. And remember, its the mechanics job to find things that are "wrong." A state inspection for safety items should suffice for now.