on board computer

robbo27
0

Asked by robbo27 May 08, 2011 at 03:23 AM about the 1990 BMW 5 Series 535i

Can anyone tell me how to use the on board computer on my 1990 bmw 535i . I keep geting
german words up on my dashboard ,how do i put it into english and also how to put the code in
thanks to anyone who can help.

Khalis Matza
75

If I remember correctly, to set the language for the info matrix, with the engine shut and the key in 0 position, press the "control check" button (the one to your right, not the one you use to reset the mileage) and keeping it pressed, turn the key to the first click and wait. It should start saying things in different languages - when it reaches english, turn the key back to the 0 position. If it doesn't work, repeat the procedure but turn the key until the second click. It's one or the other, but I can't remember exactly which right now. Also check out this useful pdf file: http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/BMW_Instrument_Cluster_Language.pdf