My BMW 325xi was loosing power when I put the gas petal to the floor. I had absolutely NO pick up whatsoever. I finally made it home and not the car wont start at all!

dawno
0

Asked by dawno Apr 29, 2013 at 09:57 AM about the 2004 BMW 3 Series 325xi

82,645

I'd say your fuel pump failed on you. Check to see if it is powering up or buzzing when you turn the key. It's located under the access panel under the passenger side rear seat cushion. Change the fuel filter as well.

dawno
0

Thanks Mark - I'm having the car towed to a shop, will keep you posted

Michael Branan
1,705

Remember that you fuel pump needs to be change every 50,000 miles. The fuel pump is another possibility. You could also have debris in the tank that is plugging up the intake. It happens.

gman101
0

My car is doing the same thing what was wrong with itt

Chet Sawa
75

Fyi , driving with low gas level causes the fuel pump to heat up during operation. Gas itself acts as a coolant for the pump once submerged. Keeping a good level of gas is optimal....

jmonkeyboi09
0

Does a bmw 325i have 2 fuel pumps?