My convertible top will not work right

ronniemiller
0

Asked by ronniemiller Jan 30, 2013 at 07:58 PM about the 1995 BMW 3 Series 325i

I put the top down, and put a box in the back seat. I put the top back up and drove home. I put the top back down to remove the box and when I went to go put the top back up I had to manually put the top back up, because it wouldn't go up. It was difficult to put back up and wouldn't latch properly as well. And now does not work at all. The box was fairly large, and I am not sure if it got tweaked. Is there a way to reset it, or what can I do to fix it?

Justin Schreier
55

You probably just blew a fuse.

ronniemiller
0

Thank you. But i can hear the top trying to go down, there seems to still be power to it, it just won't go down.

64,295

Some tops are hydraulic. If so, does it have fluid?

Racer_X
16,455

Hmm? I had to take a few looks at pics of the the Power Retractable Soft Top on your BMW, since my only personal experience with these sort of tops has been with the PRHT on my Mazda MX-5. If I were to take an educated guess, just from what you described and looking at the pics of the top opening & closing, I would say the box you placed in the back seat may have gotten caught in one of the mechanisms, when you lowered the top? I don't think it's a blown fuse at all...I'd strongly recommend taking it to a BMW Dealer or a mechanic you can trust (who won't rob you blind) to give it a look see and get it fixed....It would be a shame if it rained + you have a security issue, since the top won't close and latch properly. Best of Luck to you!

Racer_X
16,455

Question: How big was this box??

LTB78
0

Anyone now if this part is replaceable ? Its leaking at the seal. and what is the name of it for me to find.

LTB78
0

It is to an 02 bmw 3 series conv.

Tiffany Michelle
0

What did you end up doing because I'm having the same exact problem with my same car