New Issue: Why does my car beep when I turn the key in the ignition?

Kristina O'Brien
135

Asked by Kristina Aug 25, 2012 at 04:07 PM about the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT

It just started today. With both the remote start and manually starting the car, after I turn the key to start the engine, the car
beeps. Not a long, warning beep, but a 1-2 second beep. I check the dashboard when it does it, but nothing is lit up. It's weird.
Anyone else been having similar problems or know what it could be? Worst case scenario, I'll bring it into the shop.

Jason Zane
2,885

is your seat belt on? when you start? also it could be monitoring to airbag system.

Kristina O'Brien
135

I know the seat belt dings lol. The airbag system should be okay. No lights about it. No lights about anything really. Maybe I'll bring it in later. It's basically the high pitch beep you hear when you start up buses.

GMCustomerService
1,325

Hi Kristina, Sorry to hear you're having this issue. After checking the Owner's Manual for your vehicle, I could not find anything in particular to what you're experiencing. If the beep continues, I would recommend taking your vehicle in to the dealership to be checked. Vanessa GM Customer Service

Best Answer
Kristina O'Brien
135

Thank you. It's nothing detrimental so I'm not too worried.

Jason Zane
2,885

it could be wire "crosstalk" where the wire can get the power/ data from another line, like stray voltage. it happens sometimes. i've experienced it on an older car. when i slammed the door shut, my speaker would sometimes sound.

Kristina O'Brien
135

I found out what it is. I have a CyberPower adapter for the car. One end is for the car, while the other is for normal plugs. It beeps when it powers on. Every time I start the car, power is supplied to it, causing it to beep. It's my husband's fault for leaving it plugged in. All's well!

SusanSchwarz
370

My car would not start yesterday, the message on my dashboard stated that the key was not recognized. I was told it might have been due to an alarm system, on the building I was parked next to, was interfering with my keyless remote system. I ready my owner’s manual (2012 Cruze LTZ) to see where I could insert my key manually, but there was not a place as the manual described. How do I start my car with a manual key? Where exactly is the ignition to place the key located?