Has anyone heard of a new recall for the "heel" of the Cruze?

Kristina Dwyer
165

Asked by Kristina Jul 20, 2012 at 10:48 PM about the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT

I got called by my dealership to bring in my car on Tuesday. I just bought the Cruze on 7/17/12. I can't find anything on this! I'm
starting to think it's a bogus recall.

James Boos
325

Think i heard on the news little while ago that they recalled all the Cruze cars for some defect. But I forgot what year range it pertained to

Kristina Dwyer
165

In June, they recalled Cruzes for an engine fire thing that came from oil spillage. Truth to that recall was that a couple people didn't know how to change the oil properly. The second recall I heard about had to do with the rear wheel well or something. Where I bought my Cruze told me that they checked out both recalls. Things are fine on this car. I just never heard of a "heel" before and neither has my husband. There's nothing on Google about the recall or car part either.

Jason Zane
3,765

apparently some oil was spilled and hit the HOT exhaust, catching fire. if you use a metal funnel to pour the oil in when the engine is stopped, i think there will be no problems when you need to add any engine oil.. just be careful.

Kristina Dwyer
165

No one is reading the question properly.. Does anyone know what a "HEEL" OF A CAR is?!! If there is such a thing, where is it on the car and is it true it's being recalled? Google can't find anything on such a part nor recall.

Jason Zane
3,765

could be a british term for brake.. i wasn't sure; your mechanic is a brit??

Kristina Dwyer
165

I live in the US. Chevy is a US manufacturer. Another friend of mine thinks it's the back of the car. Makes sense, but still. Find out Tuesday morning. I'll let you all know then. Thanks for the responses.

Kevin Robinson
1,095

the shield under car is close to exhaust so if any oil leaks or spilled it can catch fire , the recall is to remove shield away from exhaust

Kristina Dwyer
165

Thank you Kevin.

Kristina Dwyer
165

Kevin.. you were correct. I took the Cruze to my local dealership/repair shop and they explained to me what you stated. They also took liberty on checking the wheel well recall. My car's in top condition. Thanks again everyone for your responses! :)

Kevin Robinson
1,095

you are welcome kristina