Are they reliable at high milage

Brussell
0

Asked by Brussell May 06, 2012 at 10:45 PM about the 2011 Porsche Cayenne Base

Pedro Lima
40

What do you mean by high mileage? Since the car was sold in 2011 the mileage won't be a problem even with over 100k. That means the car was driven on the motorway. But make sure the servicing was done by a Porsche dealer.

RBTerry
15

PORSCHES IN GENERAL: Service as required, drive responsibly and I see no mechanical problems at high (over 200,000) miles. Porsches were made to last and to be driven hard.

Uwin
65

Our 2005 cayenne S needed a long block new engine within the first 1000 miles. It continued with major warranty issues during the first 50K 6-7 major events that took 3-5 days each, we drove a Honda loaner more than our Porsche than anyone would like. The inventory of parts in USA continues to cause down time. We bought the extended warranty from our dealer just before the 50K milestone and went thru another $25,000 in covered warranty work. By 100,000 miles the SUV had many new parts. From 100,000 to 110,000 the Suv has been unremarkably good until a major warning event started up. The Porshe has the potential for high mileage if and when your bank account is unlimited. The total new purchase cost has been 47.5% of the total out of pocket/warranty dollars (excluding consumables tires, brakes, fluids.. Our past Mercedes and Lexus ratio after 120,000 miles per car was closer to 90%.

Eric Vidal
65

Totally agree with RBTerry . Porsche are made strong and to ride fast when needed. Now selling a 2005 Porsche Cayenne S - It's truly an amazing ride. Check my listing, it's a steal: http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/garage/viewGarage.action?profileOwner=2281515#carsForSale I would keep it if it was not for the 17-19MPG... and my wife who wants a smaller car :-)