can cruise control be installed on 2010 sx4 crossover?

Asked by guitarking Mar 06, 2010 at 06:32 AM about the 2010 Suzuki SX4 Base AWD Crossover

Car Toys couldn't do it.  Is it possible?  I'd even go to a dealer if they could do it. What's the dealeo with this car?  I'd really like to put cruise control on it.

No, not yet. I had an aftermarket shop put one in for me and it didn't work. They had done tons of 2009's but the 2010 is different. The manufacturer is hoping to be done with testing and have it available by the end of this month, Oct. 2010. Parts are about $200 and the install should be around 150... at least that's my quote and (obviously) based on the 2009 CC kit....

I have installed it 1.5 years ago. with the original steering buttons

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Ι have bought a brand-new SX4 and I am dismayed at the fact that the cruise control that came as standard feature from the factory does not have a permanent ON/OFF switch. With all cars I owned in the past -20 or so- years the "cruise" button was a permanent ON or OFF switch. In my case this meant I always leave it ON, I'd activate it using the SET button and adjust using the COAST button. Unfortunately, Suzuki has dropped the ball here by making this CRUISE button a momentary ON/OFF switch which by the way turns off when the car key is removed. What is the point THEN of having 4th CANCEL button when you can cancel cruise control by momentarily depressing the CRUISE button. Has anyone noticed this, does it "bother" you and is there anything that can be done? Of course this is not the only complain I have with this car, (poor MPG, problematic visibility on the left, pathetic acceleration at mid RPM, decent at VERY high RPM but at the cost of MPG, unbelievably inappropriately small gas tank, bumpy riding, tipsy steering wheel handling, noisy on the highway, unnecessarily stiff suspension, cheap tires, the list is endless) and I will not go into more details as I do not want to go out of context but I've owned my SX4 for 3-4 months now and I am already contemplating of changing has really let me sown with this car.