The Navigation DVD Player is always working, even when the car is turned off. I am worried the NAV DVD is going to wear out, so I think this is a problem. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

adpaul
15

Asked by adpaul Dec 04, 2010 at 11:55 AM about the 2010 GMC Yukon Denali XL

Sean Mohr
45

if it is stock that it is faulty somewhere. if you put it in or had a company put it in than you might be connected to a constant power wire which is feeding power to that wire non stop so you have to turn off the nav/dvd yourself

adpaul
15

thanks, it is the stock, factory installed unit. I think I will take it to the dealer

wowwhathaveidone
30

oh yes, mine sounds like it is searching all the time. dealership says working to factory standards

Gilles Laberge
85

It is normal , the GPS is allways looking for is position , Specialy in your garage were satelite are not available

shawnd84
10

Gilles you say this is normal?? I just bout this Yukon with Nav/ and hear this sound in the disc area. (yes indeed in garage, yet XM works?) Will this not run down battery?

Johnny Bratton
165

What you are experiencing is not a problem. It is perfectly normal. Your navigation system in the 2010 GMC Yukon Denali is a "Disc Based Navigation System". As you drive the vehicle it is registering your location utilizing the locations that have been downloaded to your Navigation Disc and the Global Positioning System (GPS). The reason you hear it after the vehicle has been turned off is because it is reading your position on the disc and the GPS to pin-point where you left off. Your Denali is equipped with "Vehicle Rundown Protection". This feature prevents the loss of charge based on an electrical item being left on. You can leave your lights on, radio, etc. and the vehicle will not rundown. It is a great feature and I have personally tested. It works just fine. You can take your vehicle to every shop in the world. I have owned three Denali's with the Navigation feature and this is normal operating procedure.