ABS brakes

expresso
5

Asked by expresso Jun 22, 2008 at 02:52 PM about the 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST

Are you aware of any issues with this model having problems with the electronics, ABS system where brakes engage on their own and calipers sometimes stick?
Thank you

Daniel Reed
1,315

None that I know of, my 2001, which is your car with a different front style and motor, has 97k and zero brake issues. I have not seen any in my shop with brake problems, either.

Justin Suprano
165

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I have had a few different Fords and the ABS liked to engage on their own when I was going unreasonably fast, most often when going downhill.

Brian Timm
85

i dont have ABS on my '02 ZX3 but go to focusfanatics.com and see if you can find any posts about it, its a very organized and helpful forum. and of course, if the answer isn't already there, just sign up and ask! In my experience the community there has been wonderfully helpful and we're always open to new members. hope you find out the problem and can fix it easily.