Adding a turbo or supercharger to a 2010 Mitsu Outlander?

Racer_X
11,905

Asked by Racer_X Mar 09, 2013 at 07:48 PM about the 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4WD

I have a 2010 Mistusbishi Outlander SE AWD with the 2.4 L 4 cylinder and would like to
add a bit more HP (makes 168 HP now).  It has the CVT Auto Transmission.  What's the
feasibility of adding a turbo or supercharger with the CVT and AWD in mind??  Anyone
attempted this on the Outlander..I have space in the engine bay to install one, it seems.

45,765

First thing you have to do is find out the horse power & torque limitations of the CVT tranny.

Best Answer
45,765

Found one on Andys (http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsubishi/2003_9999_outlander/perform ance/turbos/turbo_kits/tomioka/) You should find a Mitsu forum and talk to other owners to see what works.

Racer_X
11,905

Thanks for the info, tenspeed! I'll check Mitsu forums too...kinda curious about HP gains with a turbo like the one @ Andys...also, how much to install it...guess I'd need a turbo gauge in the dashboard area as well? Have to think hard about this....might just keep her stock and trade it in a year or so on a Murano or something else with more sizeable HP.