I have a 2010 VW CC. If I want to listen to the radio when I'm parked how do I do it so all the dash lights and headlights aren't on? As well as the heater.

Stfnanny
0

Asked by Stfnanny Feb 10, 2013 at 02:17 PM about the 2010 Volkswagen CC Luxury

judge_roy

the volkswagens (the beetles) did not care whether or not the ignition was switched on. They must have changed all this. Stfnanny, there are two clicks when you start your car. The first is the acc position. The heater should not come on until the 'on' postion and the third a momentary contact is the 'start' positon. Will have to check, but the dash lights are or are not considered an accessory, let's hope not. Besides the duty cycle on your car battery can take it for hours and hours even if the dash lights are on. The thing you shoud be concerned with is powering the coil and engine control. You don't want to do that without running the car...hope this all makes sense to you. good luck.

45,715

Some cars allow the radio to play after the key is off. Some cars have a "Acc" position on the ignition switch.

DOUG1942
0

Shut the car off and push the button on the radio to turn it on it will play for some time. I do this often when someone is waiting for me if I am shopping and they are waiting in the car or if I am cleaning the car and I want to listen to the radio. It works you don't need the key in the ignition just push the radio on/off button,.