40k maintenance

seanymc02
0

Asked by seanymc02 Jan 31, 2013 at 04:42 PM about the 2010 Volkswagen CC Sport

I JUST purchased a used 2010 vw cc with approx 37k. Is the 40k STILL needed at this point! One would think the car would have been brought up to spec for the new buyer!!!
Thoughts?

45,675

Would you have performed the 40K service if someone was going to buy your car? Whenever you buy a car, plan on a brake job, new exhaust, tires, and upcoming service unless the seller can provide proof the those services and items are done. It's part of negotiating the price and should of been noted by your mechanic during the pre-sale inspection.

DavidH25

If you bought it "certified used" from a dealer, then it SHOULD BE but ask them specifically, ask the service dep't manager, and ask your salesman without them knowing it from each other. Be a bit sneaky. carfax carfax carfax !!! WILL tell you for sure

DavidH25

Good point tenspeed

45,675

Thank you David. Many people sell cars just before warranties run out and recommended services are required.

seanymc02
0

Yes as a matter of fact it was certified!!!!! I have the car fax I will check it out! Thanks so much for your help!!!

judge_roy

paid what I thought was a good price because the MINI only had 32.000 miles on it. Bought it beause it was what we wanted. Carfax tells us it had NINE prior owners including a rental agency and NOT the scheduled 30K service...drat!

DavidH25

That they do. Exactly I thought I would say that.. ,,when I bought my Corolla that was precisely what was happening, the carfax showed a dealer service nearly 2 years before at 38,550 miles, it was on the lot at 49,200 and I wanted that car soooo bad, but had to hold my water and make them do a full 50,000 mile service, even tires. And they did. I had a check (certified from my bank I had prior approval) made out to the dealer that when I put it back in my pocket, started for the door well they got in to action

judge_roy

Damn, too lazy to go to Concord and spend a day while they diddle with systems and things that seem to work alright in the name of 30,000 warranty. Seven Hundred, and that's just if they find NOTHING WRONG~

judge_roy

Certainly a person can inspect the amount of play in a water pump, sniff the dipstick for a burnt smell. Monitor the oil level thru use over time, check the age of the coolant. make sure tire pressure agrees with the door jamb sticker, listen to the belts, tighten when necessary. Replace the windsheild wipers. What else they gonna give ya?

DavidH25

Plug in the OBD and 5 minutes later they have it 'inspected'

DavidH25

I'm in the wrong business...for 700 smackers they should provide donuts

judge_roy

tie rod and control arm bushings motor mounts, repack wheel bearings, new shoes for baby fresh windshield wipers?

judge_roy

sorry, I'll risk it. Always have Ol' bessie the 93 rickety-crampt toy truck to fall back on. THIS IS GOING DOWN on your permanent record!