theres a rattle coming from the drivers side front . when the drivers side tire hits a bump its very annoying .ford garage says it is not the brakes and cant find the rattle after 7 hours at the shop

skiptongue
5

Asked by skiptongue Jul 05, 2011 at 05:57 AM about the 2010 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed 4WD

Jon Keachie
755

Is this on a 2010 F150 ? as you have posted above ?

papa

they probly spent 20 min on it iof that long,if it only happends when you hit a bump it may be something hanging loose under the front of truck,inspect underneith it,check cover around the cat converter,they rattle a lot,the spot weild breaks loose on them.

skiptongue
5

YES

Jon Keachie
755

Well I had the same issue on my 08 F-150 and the first time (yes happened twice) it was the sway bar links and there was a recall on them for 08 models I would have hoped they improved the 2010's but you never know, every time I hit a bump they would rattle like flat washers on a loose bolt sound. Second time it happened the heat shielding around the front exhaust right beside the front drive shaft broke loose and was rattling every time I hit a bump, but that was my fault due to swapping the truck in mud a week before, easy fix tho. If you haven't hit anything off roading like I did then I would suspect the sway bar links or a loose brake shoe ? try next time riding the brake pedal when you hit a bump if the rattle goes away then its in your brake shoes or caliper if not then I would start by inspecting the strut or splash shield it could be so many things from not being able to hear the noise....good luck.

skiptongue
5

RIDING THE BRAKES DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IT STILL RATTLES. BUT 3WEEKS AGO IT QUIT FOR 2 WEEKS THEN STARTED AGAIN LAST WEEK.

skiptongue
5

here we go the results are a stone was on the left lower control arm what a surprize what a relief ty all

papa

crap happends.