Front bumper repair

nr_2013
0

Asked by nr_2013 Jul 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM about the 2010 Toyota RAV4 Base 4WD

Hello

Recently my car met with an accident and front bumper crashed out. I did talked to
body shop  of toyota and gave for repair. Everything is replaced with OEM parts. But i
didn't see same fitting like toyota. I was dissappointed with toyota dealer.

Question is  with OEM parts  shall expect original factory fitting or not ?
Even though they did test drive, how it impact on my car.

Please advice.

Thank you
NR

judge_roy

are you pushin' or pullin' on it...demanding a solid connection? or is it more for show...as long as four hearty bolts are fastening it to the unibody...who cares?

jamnblues
4,015

You did everything right -you even took it to the dealer, who should be expected to make the car look like new if anybody can- if it doesn't look right- if it looks like it's been repaired- that is sloppy work- and I'm sure the repair bill was a large chunk of money- are you still making payments? the bank should be unhappy because now they are holding the title to a devalued car- and if you own it- you now own a car that looks like it has been wrecked- it is worth much less- and it makes you feel worse to drive it- a 2010 Rav 4 is a valuable car, but not looking right, you have just lost a lot of resale value- I guess your insurance company paid for the job, and they should be unhappy that they paid full price for a sloppy job- dealerships and body shops get away with this kinda stuff because nobody complains- they just accept the shoddy work and slink away, wanting to avoid a confrontation- if it looks bad to you, then demand it to be done right- talk to the service manager, the body shop manager, show them what is wrong- demand that it be fixed correctly- talk to the general manager of the dealership- talk to the better business bureau, the Attorney General of your state, your insurance company, and the local news stations who have consumer affairs segments as part of their news- DO NOT JUST GIVE UP and let them get away with being lazy- it is a form of theft

BURT100
440

If it doesn't look like it should follow the list jamblues gives you. just keep going up the ladder of responsibility until you get what you paid for; Also if the dealer won't cooperate; ask the have a Toyota Zone Representative evaluate the situation- they can call for ANYthing they want to get a problem solved; They have final authority over the dealer Good Luck HTH

judge_roy

Just need the bumper fastened...it's like having an oral hygienist that has chronic halitosis~you still get your teeth cleaned anyways~