Noisy transmission

algrossi
0

Asked by algrossi Sep 17, 2010 at 02:31 PM about the 2010 Dodge Journey SXT

V6 model; When I shift from Drive to Reverse, I hear a loud "clank" from the transmission - and when accelerating slowly, the shift from first to second sounds like a piece of metal hitting another metal. I have mentioned this to the dealer on two oil change services and he said there is nothing wrong. Transmissions don't normally make that kind of noise, I still have 2 1/2 years of warrantee but this could leave me stranded. Has anyone experienced the same?

mmop
0

Hello. My journey is only 3 months old and about 2500 miles on it. Have the same problem with transmission plus noisy power steering and vibrating steering wheel when driving and coming to a stop. took it to service. dealer said "journey are that way and there is nothing they can do about it". Call Chrysler today and file a complain and see what will happened. Love the car - just hate the issues. can not return the car. what is there to do?

anjy834u
2,235

how about checking transmission fluid and transmission mount once ? http://dodgejourney.org/interior-pictures-of-2011/