Having a tubro do I need to use Prem gas?

boatman123
0

Asked by boatman123 Feb 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM about the 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Premium

Nick Eidemiller
3,625

to give your motor the longest life you want to be nrunning premium fuel, all the guys I know with turbo vehicles actually run 93 octane or 91 with octane booster.

judge_roy

Ethyl, god rest her soul.

Jeff Smith
1,365

Nick is right, with a turbo Subaru motor, you need to be running at least 91 octane fuel.

Ryan Mesick
325

Octane boosters are crap, but YES! YES YOU NEED TO RUN PREMIUM FUEL. It says it on the fuel filler door.

Ryan Mesick
325

Okay, fine. If you don't want to run premium fuel, your engine will knock and pull timing due to the premature detonation (read: Knock) Octane is a measure of the combustion temperature of the fuel, the higher the number, the higher the combustion temp. Due to the higher operating temperatures and timing advance in modern forced induction it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you run Premium Octane fuel for the best performance and longevity of your automobile. Happy now?

judge_roy

of course Ryan, have you never had your robe tugged at?

judge_roy

I wouldn't dare to run my MINI on anything but the MOST expensive stuff they offer...never risked 91 would probably choke and puke as if it were diesel.

Ryan Mesick
325

Of course I have. Some people don't get sarcasm online though, and I would hate to see someone ruin something because of sarcasm.

judge_roy

everyone needs to take a chill pill. none of us get anything out of this but the satisfaction of dishin' out with the goods-....for no money or compensation. That guy tenspeed used to work a submarine in 'nam, now his compensation is pretty much a coffee can and cardboard sign...he's guru #3! been fixin for 43 years...a guru. I was a greasemonkey for three years and have a genius for mechanical things.