i have a 2010 ford mariner and today while i was driving all my lights went dim and the car stared to slow down i was in the middle fof the road it was every scary what could have cause that.plz help

julius2009
25

Asked by julius2009 Feb 05, 2013 at 08:31 PM about the 2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4WD

45,745

It sounds like your alternator quit and you were running on the battery. The lights dimmed as the voltage dropped. Does it start?

judge_roy

Rodents gnawing at your wires.

julius2009
25

yeah it starts

julius2009
25

my mercury mariner is a 2006 not a 2010

7jimmy7
9,395

how do you see the lights go dim in day?dash? and it starts after that? so this was like it got hit with a tazor for a while and shuddered ya? sounds like a direct short of the battery heavy cable b+. smell anything other than your clogne? puzzling!

julius2009
25

first of all 395 it was 7 clock in the evening . i do not find the amuse yo see in my situation .it was scary mind u i had my grandson with me . any way thanks for ur in put it did'nt help me none .thank -u have a nice day

judge_roy

guess you did not look underneath for comprimized wiring then?

julius2009
25

bob_nueske underneath what?

julius2009
25

uderneath what should i look for comprimized wiring

julius2009
25

i have a 2006 mercurymariner and today while i was driving all my lights went dim and the car stared to slow down i was in the middle fof the road it was every scary what could have cause that.plz help

judge_roy

...well perhaps I'm losing my mind, but have had more than one instance of shreds of wire insulation and exposed wires because apparently the vinyl was a tasty treat for a raccoon, mouse, rat or ?? forgot to inspect the droppings, but this does happen. Just asking to get an eyeball on the bottoms of your wiring to make sure it's all there and no crossing or shorting has occured....do I sound like I've got a few screws loose...well leave 'em alone. loose and laid back...we are all here to help one another. there are no guarantees that everthing stated belongs in jurisprudence~

julius2009
25

thanks anyway bob .but i notice that my alarm system keeps blinging could thios have somthing to do with it