what is the bright yellow fluild that would leak on the snow towards the back of the car?

Jean Smit
345

Asked by Jean Mar 10, 2013 at 01:52 PM about the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS

judge_roy

Have you checked your coolant? I'm thinking you sprung a leak with the cold temperatures and is running along the under carriage and just appears to be coming from the back...check your coolant level.

53,365

I don't know. I saw some that looked like it dripped from my engine area. Bright yellow like a fluorescent or safety yellow. -- The only thing I did recently was to lubricate the manual transmission shift linkage. One other person saw a similar dropping. If you find out what it was, report back.

Racer_X
13,585

This fluid may be radiator coolant or antifreeze leaking from the cooling system. If you notice even a moderate amount of fluid, have the radiator level checked immediately.

mrmoony
2,060

Suffer oxide, a by product of normal combustion.

Best Answer
judge_roy

Sulpher Dioxide, and she did not say it was coming out of the tailpipe. Seriously you've ever seen yellow smoke? what are we burning car batteries now?

mrmoony
2,060

I said sulfer oxide not dioxide. The muffler probably has a weep hole in it that juice can come out too. I've never seen yellow anti freeze but sulfer oxide is yellow and also a by product off combustion. Google it if you don't believe me. It is in ALL petroleum. My theory is just that, like yours, just a theory.

judge_roy

Is yellow the "NEW" antifreeze color...IDK!

mrmoony
2,060

Your assuming it's anti freeze (which it could be). Might be dog piss for all you know.

judge_roy

yeah, I kinda wondered about that. Put this one up on a lift, and you'd instantly know-

judge_roy

Jean has bailed out of embarrasment...perhaps-

Joe Bartlett
345

it ,s not antifreeze,it snow melting off your exhaust mixed with rust on the exhaust pipe,see it myself

23,605

Well no one here has said it so I will. Don't eat the yellow snow.

judge_roy

ethylene glycol ice pops.

James Rhodes
300

Bob nueske are u the crazy and demented pakistani sausage man and that guy selling artwork on craigslist in San Fran?

judge_roy

Do I know you James?...no I haven't sold any pieces...just giving them away and saving the images....crikey...I'm famous!

judge_roy

here, feast your eyes on 'cowboy scene 3'- I've never tried to sell any art on craigslist or SF, bud-e must have me confused with another depressed art bloke-

judge_roy

my wife paints horses, nothing but horses on a 16x20..Personally am happy with repurposed thrift store art--slather on some gesso and have at it. see, a person can have a reputation of 6765 and still be good at other things too, I play the Jazz bass, have scores of all the standards, you're welcome to come up to LAKE county for a Jazz session, I've got a piano, sold the drums and Bass amp, but it's all good. (except when it ain't)

985

Tis a tangled web we weave.

judge_roy

no. not tangled. bored to death. Do you think that I'd be a carguru if I had FUN things to do? how 'bout you? what do you think? and why do you think it?

985

I'm so confused that I've forgotten the question. Just a sec while I scroll up. Brb

985

Oh yeah. I remember now. I think you nailed it Bob. I'm thinking though that it is somehow getting into the exhaust system and then draining out through a weep hole in the muffler or catalytic converter. And yes, it would of course be yellow because that's the color that GM's Dex-cool is.

judge_roy

see...I DID NOT know that!...only logical captain!

Jean Smit
345

gm dex cool is red and it was sulpher oxide i asked a the dealership when i had my oil changed

985

I don't think so. Dexcool is maybe more orange than yellow, but it would be a stretch to call it red. However since that doesn't seem to be your problem anyway I guess its all good.