How do I turn off flashing light on passenger air bag that looks like a red flashing lock?

dknewwoo
0

Asked by dknewwoo Mar 26, 2013 at 02:07 PM about the 2010 Toyota Corolla S

It just started flashing 24/7, even when the car is turned off.  I tried to look in the owner's manual and the page I needed is not in the book.  2 pages were totally omitted when it was printed.

DavidH25

Have your VIN# ready, it's on you insurance card and registration and go to: http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/login? and create an account. You can download and read your owners manual, and much much more. Now the red flashing light, the system has detected a fault in the air bags system, and and bags are nothing to ignore or mess around with. I cringe when I say this, but I suggest taking it to the dealer. post haste.

45,675

You may have turned the passenger air bag off. --- It could be part of this recall ... http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/28/toyota-recalls-slew-of- models-for-possible-airbag-calibration-de/

DavidH25

Tenspeed is dead on right. Model Affected: 2010 TOYOTA COROLLA Summary: Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain models interspersed through model years 2009 through 2013 as follows: model year 2009-2012 Tacoma, 4Runner, Camry, Camry Hybrid, Prius, and RAV4; model year 2009-2010 Avalon, FJ Cruiser, and Highlander Hybrid; model year 2010-2013 model year Corolla, Sienna and Tundra; model year 2009-2013 Highlander and Venza; model year 2012 Prius V; and model year 2010-2012 Sequoia. During modification by SET to include accessories such as leather seat covers, seat heaters or headrest DVD systems, these vehicles may not have had the passenger seat occupant sensing system calibration tested. Without passing the calibration test, the occupant sensing system may not operate as designed. Consequence: If the front passenger seat occupant sensing system is out of calibration, the front passenger airbags may not deploy or they may deploy inappropriately for the passenger's size and position. This could increase the risk of personal injury during the event of a vehicle crash necessitating airbag deployment. Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2010/toyota/corolla/recalls.html#ixzz2OgBTtuN7