My tail lights on my 2010 toyota corolla don't work. The bulbs are fine and my brake lights work. Any idea's?

Haybo1217
0

Asked by Haybo1217 Jul 13, 2014 at 07:41 PM about the 2010 Toyota Corolla LE

My tail lights are not working. The brake lights work. I brought it to a garage and they said
the bulbs were fine. That it was electrical and they couldn't fix it. I would appreciate any
ideas. It has happened several times.

70,215

Have you checked the fuses? And is it the running lights or the turn signals that's not working?

33,935

Not much of a garage/mechanic. Check the bulbs and give up? Gimme a break...couldn't fix it because it was electrical/ What do they do there? Sorry Haybo, it's just that when a place that calls it's self a shop and does that it annoys me. I am familiar with Corolla's. Do the dash lights work? That is important to know and we can go from there. The tail-lights and dash lights are on the same circuit, so if your tail-lights go out so do the dash, so you won't be driving around without tail-lights and not know. What I am getting at is if the fuse is blown for both, or a broken, but non-shorted wire to tail-lights. Please come on back and we will figure this out.

ricogarland
30

Hey fordnut I recently seen you posted about the dash and tail lights both not working , my mother in law is going through this now with her 08 corolla she has no dash and no tail lights fuses were checked and all fine .. what can this be and how do I fix it