kia rio timeing belt

asus3571
0

Asked by asus3571 Aug 09, 2013 at 03:30 PM about the 2009 Kia Rio SX

got the wify a 09 rio its sitting on 50,000 now and was wondering should I go ahead and get the t belt done now while its still warm or wait till winter? ive also been have trouble finding a decent priced mechanic in akron ohio santinos was the best price but I can only find one review on then any help is appreciated thanks.

Michael Kane
4,305

Most manufactures recommend the timming belt to be changed between 60k and 80k miles and usually you want to do the water pump since it sits behind belt and tensioner pulleys for the timming belt. So you could probly get away with driving it for another year which could give you time to source a good mechanic in your area and another 365days to set aside money for it.