How do I remove the headrests and front seat backs on a 2009 Suzuki XL 7?

PARick
70

Asked by PARick Mar 06, 2010 at 10:23 AM about the 2009 Suzuki XL-7 Luxury AWD

The headrests go up only so far when pressing on the buttons, then will not come completly out.  On the seat backs, particularly the passenger side, I have removed the screws, but the plastic cover still will not budge.  I need to run some wires, and need to remove it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

David Brooks Sr
45

I have an 08 and will be doing this install soon. Will get back to you soon...

PARick
70

I figured it out. If anyone need advice, let me know!

Domy13
0

How do you remove the head rests on the suzuki xl7

PARick
70

Only the third row seats' headrests are removable. The others, unfortunately, are not.

PARick
70

Hi David. Did you ever find a way to remove those front headrests? It would make my video screens alot easier to install. Thanks!

kg7174
5

Hi, I am interested in learning how. I have a '08 XL7 luxury and would like to install headrest monitors. Any help appreciated. Thanks

David Brooks Sr
45

Yes I do know how to do this install. I have a car I am working on right now, but can get some info up here if it is needed.

kg7174
5

If you can, text or video will be a huge help. I ordered headrests from onfair and the color match is perfect but not being able to remove the headrests is a bummer. Thanks

PARick
70

Hi. There is a small hole on the outside of the plastic case that houses the post. Put a paperclip in the hole, and pull the headrest all the way out. Hope that helps!

David Brooks Sr
45

Yes or you can pull that clip off to access it as well. the passenger side back panel needs to be lifted straight up to remove it from the seat.

kg7174
5

Works, thanks very much. Any ideas on the best way to power the units, take power from the back of the rear cigarette lighter or go straight to the fuse panel?

David Brooks Sr
45

unfortunately this part could be difficult depending on a few things. first does the units you are putting in require constant and switched power or just constant. These will be marked as 12 V + and 12 V + Ignition. All GM vehicles of this model year do not have a switched power source present. So if you need a 12 V + Ignition source you will have to make it switched yourself with a toggle switch off of a constant power source. Unless you have an aftermarket radio, which requires a wire harness to hook it up. If that is the case run the switched power off the red wire (with a relay) in the *aftermarket wire harness. *if you do not have an aftermarket wire harness in this vehicle do NOT hook up to any regular red wire.