why does my kia spectra 2009 accelerate when I brake sometimes and actually move ahead

hietak
0

Asked by hietak Feb 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM about the 2009 Kia Spectra EX

Hi occasionally (rarely) when  I am driving my kia spectra and I step on the brake to stop....my car keeps moving forward.....I have to put it in park quickly to avoid hitting another car.  I know if I take it to a dealer they will have a hard time recreating this because it happens so rarely....I have had the car for a year and it has happened about 3 or 4 times only. Does anyone know what it could be? ( I don't use two feet to drive only one)

DavidH25

I don't know what it is but take it to the dealer and do not take it until it's fixed You are talking life and death on this one

Best Answer
Kos MotorCars
805

idle air control valve will stick or Charcoal canister it is most likely filled with gas causing the valve to stick and allowing unregulated gas to flow back through the system