kia spectra 2009 automatic stickshift

Amber Garms
0

Asked by Amber Nov 05, 2011 at 08:37 PM about the 2009 Kia Spectra EX

My Automatic StickShift is stuck in park y won't shift. How do you fix this? What is the price range to fix it based on a minor to major problem? The car sounds great y turns on it just stopped shifting.                                 -Permanently Parked

papa

eather the shift knob ,the button you push in is broke inside or the nutural saftey switch is bad.it is the switch that works with the break peddle to put in gear,neither is a expensive fix.both is under $100.00.

Amber Garms
0

I live in a small town so $100 an hour on top of that (they have to go across town to grab parts) I'm guessing they'll charge me $400 y under then.Thats affordable luckily just a week o 2's pay.I'll tell our local mobile repairman what you said when I call.He's the kind who'll put parts in the truck that he has on hand just in case its what was thought by the customer which can cut hours off the bill.Thank ya so much sweetie nice of ya to take time out of ur day for me.

papa

No problem,glad to help.but $100 a hour,I would do the job for $50 .

SMITH2121
10

has a shift lock on shifter remove cover install key will fix.