will I need to replace a timing belt on my 09 Honda crv with 60,000 miles? its still under warranty but if it snaps ,am I responsible?... thanks

ruicamara
10

Asked by ruicamara Oct 05, 2013 at 10:02 PM about the 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

Racer_X
11,855

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2009/honda/cr_v/warranty/ -----> As you can see from this you have a 5 year / 60,000 Drivetrain Warranty. The timing belt should be covered if it needs to be replaced without any problems, IMO...as long as it's within the warranty period....after that expires, the cost is on you. If you have doubts about the condition of the timing belt, have it checked out at the Dealer ASAP!

DavidH25

The 2.4 Honda CR V has a timing chain, beginning in 2002

Racer_X
11,855

Hey there DavidH25...Timing chains obviously have to be more durable than timing belts...but how much longer do the chains last vs. the belts? Just curious, although I'm sure the OP wouldn't mind knowing as well...Thanks!

Best Answer