When the unibody of a 2009 Honda civic 4DR is damaged

1EarthMother
0

Asked by 1EarthMother Nov 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM about the 2009 Honda Civic LX

If a 2009 Civic LX is involved in a crash and as a result received considerable damage to the unibody and
repaired, would that put the car in the "don't walk, RUN" category if it was for sale?

68,465

Depends on what kind or risk and unknowns you want to deal with. Are you getting it for a steal? If you have to ask, you probably already know the answer.

1,785

im surprised they didn't consider the car totaled most insurance companies would

1EarthMother
0

They did total it and a salvage title has been issued.

Michael Crews
1,175

Be very careful! Post-Hurricane Katrina many states have passed/changed laws regarding how and if a car can be salvaged. Here in Texas, several persons have been charged with FELONY FRAUD when attempting to re-title salvaged cars. http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/salvaged-vehicles.php It would be a shame to spend even a cent for a car, only to end up with an ugly yard ornament! Check your local/state laws first...

1EarthMother
0

The car in in PA and was damaged and repaired over 6 months ago. It did not sustain any water damage.